Based off the concept art that can be found on the Character Concept page, I went ahead and made a sculpt of this lovable Space Commander Porkins. Hes stuck on an alien world and in charge of a space fleet, but hes much less capable than he would want you to believe.
Look back to this page later for more content related to Space Commander Porkins.
He was sculpted in Blender, retopology done in Blender, and rendered in Cycles.
Wooden Doll in Ocean
This was an animation piece I made for an assignment. It’s short, but I am quite proud of it. Full marks!
The objects were modelled in Maya, textured in substance painter, and rendered in Arnold.
This environment was made as part of a university assignment to make an environment that could be used in renders, or games or any other application.
I settled on an small Italian alleyway because I felt that there is a lot of potential in this kind of setting for some visual storytelling.
This was modeled in Maya, textured in Substance Painter, and rendered in Arnold.
Canon 700D Render
This project was an university assignment, to hard surface model a real life object. In my case, I had my camera laying around, so I thought it would be a great subject to model due to its minor intricacies, and small details.
On a side note, I submitted these renders to a small university competition, and won $100 for my efforts. Not too shabby, I think!
The camera was modeled in Maya, textured in Substance Painter, and Rendered using Arnold.
B for Balloon
This project was another university assignment. The task was to come up with a creative way of portraying a letter of the alphabet, with the object or concept that letter represents. I got very good results for this assignment.
The models were made in Maya, the brick textured in Substance Painter, and the image was rendered in Redshift.
Tired man in dead end job
This is an animation project that I have been working on slowly. It was an exercise in character design, as well as in effectively using surfacing to convey the characters personality and emotion.
The character model features rigged facial shape keys, fully rigged eyes which can be easily moved and animated, and roughness/metallic maps.
The scene and character were modeled and posed in blender, and everything was textured and surfaced in Substance Painter.
Its still a little bit rough around the edges, but perhaps I can refine this into a full animation one day.
Character concept art
This page is dedicated to the concept art of my character designs, as well as front and side images, used to aid in the 2D to 3D transition.
This Hazmat suit character was created as a personal project to explore the use of multiple textures. The mesh was modeled in Blender, and was imported into Substance Painter for texturing. I experimented with the use of bump maps, height maps, metallic maps, and roughness maps.
This Drunken Miner character was one that I produced for a University animated major assignment, and was truly one of my first proper attempts at character design within a 3D workflow. The character, environment, textures, and animations were all produced within Blender, and was incredibly fun to make.
Graviton a space themed side scrolling puzzle platformer, and is a student project video game available to play on PC and Mac. I am the lead art director in a team of 3 other people. I am responsible for all the character animations, most of the level backgrounds, and most of the textures that you can see in Graviton. This project took many, many man hours; over 12 weeks were spent tirelessly putting this experience all together.
These are photographs taken for my major work in HSC high school Visual Art class. They were taken in full colour, then brought into Photoshop to make them grey scale, then highlighted various aspects with a orange and blue hue. These images were then printed onto a 'lightbox' , illuminating the details and contrasting the different shades when turned on and displayed.
This work was displayed at the schools exhibition night, and many visitors wanted to touch it, due to all the bright lights. We had to put up a sign, stating "Do not touch the artworks", as a result.
Not all of these photographs made it to the final cut, but they are on display here.
Low-Poly Monopoly Man
This model was inspired by the guy from the Monopoly board game, and was made to practice a low-poly style. This was modeled and textured in Blender.
These are a few photos I took one evening with the intention of using a low shutter speed, in order to capture local low-light scenery. I attempted to portray a 'stillness' and 'silence' that is only present during the late hours of the night, through the juxtaposition of the lights with the night sky.
These shots were taken during March of 2014.
The model of a Harmonica was created with the intention of making something shaped as realistically, and sized as accurately as possible. The mesh and textures were both created within Blender.